HRPS Webcast -
Helping High Potentials Self-Coach to Win
Howard Guttman, Author
Well-known OD consultant and executive coach Howard Guttman has just had his third book published, Coach Yourself to Win: 7 Steps to Breakthrough Performance on the Job and in Your Life (McGraw-Hill, October 2010).
A key aim of the book is to provide self-coaching guidance to those below the C-suite seeking to elevate their performance, especially in a demanding business environment, where HR budgets continue to shrink.
In this Webcast, Howard will discuss how HR can encourage and facilitate self-coaching for high-potential employees who aren't in line for company-sponsored executive coaching.
He will provide HR professionals with the means to:
• Help colleagues determine whether or not they are self-coachable
• Impart an understanding of 7-step process that self-coachees need to follow to reach their professional goals
• Ensure that the three pre-conditions for self-coaching success are in place
• Help self-coachees uncover and debunk the "stories" that have been keeping them from reaching their goal
• Identify a Guide and Circle of Support to accompany the self-coachee on his or her journey
• Use the tools that Howard provides to gather and analyze feedback, create an action plan, and assess progress
• Help self-coachees get back on track if they derail
Howard M. Guttman is principal of Guttman Development Strategies, Inc. (GDS), a Mount Arlington, NJ-based management consulting firm founded in 1989 and specializing in executive coaching; building horizontal, high-performance teams; strategic and organizational alignment; and management development training (www.guttmandev.com). GDS has been ranked as a top Leadership Development consulting firm by Leadership Excellence magazine, which also named Mr. Guttman to its list of "Excellence 100 Top Thought Leaders.”
Mr. Guttman is the author of Great Business Teams: Cracking the Code for Standout Performance (John Wiley; www.greatbusinessteams.com), named one of the Top Business Books of 2008 by Soundview Executive Book Summaries. He is also the author of When Goliaths Clash: Managing Executive Conflict to Build a More Dynamic Organization. His third book, Coach Yourself to Win: 7 Steps to Breakthrough Performance on the Job and in Your Life, is based on the proven process that he and his consultants have used to coach thousands of executives, in major organizations around the world, to higher levels of performance.
Mr. Guttman is quoted frequently in the business press and in broad-interest magazines and newspapers such as TIME magazine, The Washington Post, U.S. News and World Report, U.S.A. Today magazine, and Investors Business Daily. He is also a frequent contributor to professional journals such as Harvard Management Update, Human Resource Executive, Chief Executive, and Leader to Leader.