HRPS Webcast -
Building Trust in Organizations: A New Model for Addressing 21st Century Challenges to Communication
Pamela Shockley-Zalabak and Sherywn Morreal, co-authors of the new book Building the High-Trust Organization, discuss their model for building trust in 21st century organizations and businesses. This session is a must for CEOs, leaders and managers at all levels, and business communicators who want to understand how trust and communication interface in today's organizations. Attendees will learn all there is to know about trust in both profit and not-for-profit organizations. Real-world examples of trust building will be provided based on the speakers' extensive consulting work with major national and international organizations. Webcast participants will learn about and engage in actually analyzing the state of trust in their own organizations and workplaces.
This Webcast will discuss:
- Key challenges to building, rebuilding, and maintaining trust in contemporary and global businesses and organizations
- What organizational trust is and what makes it happen – or not happen!
- Five dimensions or drivers of trust from a newly-developed, research-based model
- Strategies for applying five drivers or dimensions of trust to their own organizations
- Strategies for addressing the 21st century global challenges to organizational trust
About Pamela Shockley- Zalabak
Pamela Shockley-Zalabak is lead author of the new book Building the High-Trust Organization. She is Chancellor at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, has authored eight books, and consulted with major organizations nationally and internationally. Shockley-Zalabak was the lead researcher who developed the model of trust presented in this Webcast.
About Sheryn Morreale
Sherwyn Morreale co-authored the new book Building the High-Trust Organization. She is Director of Graduate Studies in Communication at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs and served for eight years as Associate Director of the National Communication Association. She has authored 23 articles, three textbooks and 14 book chapters.