HRPS Web Workshop (Two-part Series) –
Executive Assessment: The State of the Art in Selecting Leaders Who Fit
Presented by John Philbin, PhD, and Bruce Fisher, PhD
Getting the right leaders in the right roles is the # 1 item on most companies' talent agendas. Ensuring that your company selects and develops top talent that is right for a particular job, team and culture is never an easy task. To accomplish this, many more organizations are turning back to a familiar tool – leadership assessment – for leadership selection and development.
This interactive, two-part Web Workshop will include:
- A review of the state-of-the-art tools and techniques you can adopt during executive leadership assessment
- Case-based approaches showcasing methods used for executive assessment
- A review of the legal and scientific issues required to implement an effective and valid executive assessment
- A personalized assessment profile and feedback for your self-analysis
- Pre-readings to "jump start” your workshop experience
Overall, you'll get an in-depth picture of how to select a candidate, including the proper way to review his/her strengths and weaknesses, and how to be sure that the candidate will fit into your team and your company. Examples of a report format that answers the specific questions often asked about the individuals you hope to hire, promote, or develop will be highlighted.
- Prior to the workshop: HRPS will share pre-readings for your review (case studies that will be referenced during the workshop).
- During the workshop: Ask questions and interact with the speakers and other attendees.
- After the workshop: Receive a full roster of registrants for follow-up networking, as well as an online personalized assessment profile and feedback for self-analysis.
About Your Web Workshop Leaders:
John Philbin, PhD, is the managing principal and co-founder of Strategic Talent Solutions. In his role, John coaches and advises CEO's and senior business leaders on the talent needs of their organization. He has developed and delivered cutting-edge executive development programs at organizations including HCSC - Blue Cross Blue Shield, Great Plains Energy, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Sears, Guardian Life, and Whirlpool. He provides one-on-one executive coaching to CEOs and senior executives at Fortune 500 companies as well as at smaller private companies. John completed his PhD in Psychology at Loyola University. He is an adjunct professor at Northwestern University.
Bruce Fisher, PhD, is director of the Leadership Academy and Center for Research and Service at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). He provides consulting services in the area of human resources measurement, working with clients to assess critical elements of the human capital equation. Prior to assuming his roles at IIT, Bruce was a partner in a Chicago-based consulting firm. He has served on the faculty of Loyola University of Chicago and Illinois Institute of Technology. He has co-authored chapters in two books, including The Human Resources Program Evaluation Handbook and The Future of Leadership Development.